1. In The Photo Studio Glebe every Friday is Sequin Friday! It’s a tradition that stylist and Head Producer Candice introduced to spice up our black and white dress-code.
2. How many mini-fashion shoots can our pop-up photo studio do in a day? At Sexpo 2014 we broke the record with 336! In 2011, photographer James B did a whopping 1060 mini fashion shoots in a single week! Now that has to be some kind of Guinness World Record…
3. Since opening in August 2007, our cameras have taken more than 6 Million photographs – that’s nearly 5,000 a day! If we we’re back in the old days, our film would stretch from Sydney to Newcastle and back again!
4. On the last Friday of every month the studio throws a staff cocktail party. Organised by ex-bartender and Marketing Director Drew, staff favourites include passion fruit and ginger mojito’s, blood orange sours and frozen strawberry daiquiris. Tip* You may want to organise your viewing in the evening of the last Friday of the month 😉
5. Courtesy of a pole dancing ex-staff member, we have a 3 meter chrome pole setup in the studio. Some clients use it in photo shoots, but mostly it gets used at staff cocktail nights!
6. Before we came along, our awesome warehouse studio was used as a printing factory. The concrete floors were laid so that the printing press (which weighed more than 3 adult elephants!) wouldn’t fall through the floorboards. The old crane that was used to unload pallets of paper can still be seen in our theaterette.
7. The Photo Studio is a family-owned business. It was founded by photographer North Sullivan who now runs the studio with his wife Linzi and son Drew.
8. We love having dogs in the studio! We actually have 2 dogs that come to work everyday: North and Linzi’s cavoodle Pixel and Jude’s poodle Summer.
9. Did you know that the average portrait studio takes between 60 and 200 photos per client? At The Photo Studio we take between 1000 and 2000! We believe that spending a lot of time with each client allows us to take more artistic photographs and create a more fun photoshoot experience for everyone.
10. In 2011 The Photo Studio began work on one of the biggest public art projects ever attempted. Known as ‘Sydney Faces’, the project aims to chronicle the incredible diversity of Sydney-siders by capturing 50,000 unique portraits in and around the city. We expect to reach our ambitious goal by the end of 2018. Are you part of the art?