High Quality Headshots Are Vital For Your Acting Portfolio
The long answer is that your headshot is the most vital and commonly used branding and marketing tool for an actor, and it’s the first thing a casting director will look at. You will leave your acting headshot with every casting director for every audition you attend.
Your headshot is like a business card for a corporate professional!
What does that mean? The best headshots can mean the difference between being considered for work or being completely forgotten (regardless of how talented you are, which I’m sure you are!).
Many actors will undermine the importance of a great headshot, they might think that their friend who owns a nice camera can do the job just as well as a professional and for little to no money. However, this isn’t the case.
The money you save now could mean losing acting work and potentially earning more money down the track.
What’s the difference between a great headshot and a bad one?
- A good headshot is chest up with natural lighting
- You should be looking directly at the camera, and the focus needs to be on your eyes
- As for clothing, think simple, nothing distracting (leave your frilly collars and neon headbands at home, please)
- Makeup should be natural. This is not the time for a bold lip or a smokey eye
- There should be no logos or brands visible
- Less is more when it comes to retouching, a light touch should be applied to airbrushing and any other aesthetic changes
- Props should under no circumstances make an appearance
- And, of course, it should look like YOU! A casting director wants to see the best version of you, no fake smiles, peace signs, or blue steel stares
Put simply, your headshot could be your make or break in this industry, and a casting director might have to sift through hundreds, if not thousands, of headshots for a movie, and your headshot could be what attracts their attention.
In conclusion, getting a fantastic headshot is an investment in your business and could be the only thing standing between you and your next audition!
Our team of industry professionals know precisely how to craft that perfect headshot for your next audition – so what are you waiting for?
Have a photoshoot with us, and you might even walk out with a brand new portfolio.
We can’t wait to see you in front of the camera!