This is a great position for bright and enthusiastic people who are passionate about fashion/portrait photography and want to get hands-on studio experience working in a dynamic, fun-filled environment.
- Assisting photographers in the studio
- Greeting clients and providing refreshments
- Setting up lights and equipment
- Maintaining studio & equipment
- Image uploading and backups
- We look favourably on applicants that have some hospitality or customer service experience.
- No photographic experience is required – but a strong interest in photography/visual arts is a must.
- Basic camera skills.
- Willing to get your hands dirty.
- Able to work in a creative team
- At The Photo Studio, we encourage you to express your individuality and creativity and just be you!
- Training workshops for use of lighting and cameras
- Build and design studio sets
- Paint the cyclorama
- Set up and set down an entire photo shoot
- Learn how to direct a model within a photo shoot
- Take amazing behind the scenes imagery
One huge benefit on this internship is being able to discuss your own portfolio/ideas with our professional photographers to get the most out of our space and your three months. After one month, you’ll have free access to all of our studio facilities for your personal projects on our closed days (Mon-Wed).
Our interns and coordinators often meet together for fun training nights, photography exhibitions, image making seminars and lectures.